If your ideal holiday is just to soak up sun, sand and sea, this is the place!
If you are the energetic sort, physically or mentally, there is so much to fill your days.
- Kalkan has a good pebble beach adjacent to the harbour and many diving platforms to reach the sea
- Turkey's longest sandy beach, Patara beach (where the loggerhead turtles breed), is 25 minutes by dolmus.
Visit the famed ancient city of Patara. St Nicholas (Santa Claus) was born here
- Olu Deniz, one of the BEST beaches in the world, is accessable by dolmus in one hour (pictured on the home page)
- The much photographed, sandy beach of Kaputas is 5 minutes ride by dolmus or taxi
- Or just laze away at your own large sparkling pool
- Explore - you are sure to find your own secret cove
- A day cruise on a Gulet will allow you to swim off the boat & have a therapeutic mud bath
- Some of Turkey's BEST scuba diving is in the area. See old sunken remains and loggerhead turtles or a dolphin frolicking near you.
- Never dived? No problem this is the ideal place to take lessons
- For the less adventurous, try snorkelling
- Go canoeing down the Esen Creek to Patara beach
- Go paragliding for stunning views of the sea and mountains
- Shop for locally made kelims, brass, leather, spices and silver & gold jewellery
- Pamper yourself with a special treatment at the spa and wellness centre
- There is a 500 km marked walking trail, from Fethiye to Antalya, voted one of the Sunday Times world's ten BEST walks.
Hike the part through Kalkan
- Horseride on the 17kms of beach at Patara
Hop on a dolmus and let it take you wherever – you are sure to make new friends on the way!
- There are numerous sea caves to explore, boats leave each day from the harbour
- Take a dolmus up into the mountains where the friendly villagers will make you welcome, and enjoy fresh trout for lunch
- Saklikent is a spectacular gorge, and a natural wonder. Part of the canyon can be hiked
- Visit the underwater tombs of Kekova
- Visit the nearby archaeological wonders at Patara, Letoon and Xanthos, and the towering rock tombs of Fethiye
- Take a ride to nearby Kas, the main centre of this area, and enjoy its lively buzz
And when day is done enjoy------
- A quiet drink on your own patio
- Sundowners on a vine covered rooftop terrace
- Dinner at one of the many good restaurants
- Soft music in a romantic moonlit piano bar
- Dance the night away – no loud discos around
- A sunset or moonlit cruise with BBQ on a gulet
- A stroll along the quay, with the buzz of activity on the gulettes rocking gently in the clear sea
- Watch your favourite sports live on big screen at the many sports bars